7 Women Scholars On the Gender Divide in Religious Studies, the Power of Mentors, and ...
- This weekend, downtown Atlanta is entirely overrun by scholars of religion. Thousands have gathered for the 2015 annual meeting of the American Academy of Religion (along with the Society for Biblical Literature). For ...
Popular herbicide doesn’t cause cancer, European Union agency says
- Glyphosate, one of the world’s most commonly used herbicides, is unlikely to increase the risk of cancer—at least in its pure form—according to an assessment released today by the European Food Safety ...
Nicola Sturgeon reveals Scottish Nationalist MPs will not vote for British air strikes in Syria
- SCOTLAND'S First Minister says that after listening to the arguments she is "not convinced" by the case for sanctioning further bombing in the war-torn country.
Liverpool midfielder James Milner insists players must make Anfield a fortress once again
- The Reds have had some fine results on the road this campaign but have won just two of their six games in front of their home fans
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi feature in UEFA.com's Ultimate Dream Team... but Steven Gerrard is ...
- The first edition was released back in 2001, with the likes of David Beckham, Patrick Vieira and Bixente Lizarazu making the final XI after fine performances for club and country.
RAF search after 'Russian submarine spotted off Scotland'
- An RAF plane is "conducting activity" off the Scottish coast, the Ministry of Defence says, amid reports of a Russian submarine being spotted in the area.
Olde Curiosity Blog
Hundreds attend counter-demonstration against far-right rally in Llangefni
- Police say the event on Anglesey passed 'without incident' as shops closed and the market was cancelled over fears of potential disruption
Ask Dr Justin: How can we educate our boys about domestic violence?
- Currently one in three women over the age of 15 have experienced physical violence towards them. The stats aren’t pretty. Something needs to change. And it needs to start with educating our ...
Natalie McGarry withdraws from SNP whip over campaign fund probe
- In September, MP Michelle Thomson - who won her Edinburgh West seat along with 55 other SNP candidates at this year's general election - also withdrew from the party after she became ...
All The News Is Now
Ofsted warning over private faith schools
- Ofsted chief inspector Sir Michael Wilshaw has written to Education Secretary Nicky Morgan with the findings of inspections of 15 Muslim and seven Christian schools, in cities including Manchester, Coventry, Birmingham and ...
Higher Education Has Always Been a Mess
- Paramount Pictures/Photofest Starting in the mid-20th century, academe became idolized, in good times, as embodying everything right about America, and demonized, in bad times, as embodying everything wrong. It’s neither, and both ...
Robert Halfon tells tax credit critics not to block reforms
- Writing for The Telegraph, Tory minister Rob Halfon warns the Lords to "step back from the brink" or face the wrath of the public if they vote against benefit cuts that MPs ...
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically by a computer program.